The Town of Torbay is committed to maintaining a clean, safe environment for residents and visitors alike. As part of this commitment, the Town has a contracted household garbage collection/disposal and curb-side recycling service.
*Please note: the garbage and recycling schedule is subject to change during holidays, poor weather, etc. Always check our social channels and news item updates on torbay.ca during these times for the most up-to-date information.
Bulk Garbage Drop Off
What dates can I drop off my bulk garbage?
- Friday, May 24: 12pm-7pm
- Saturday, May 25: 8am – 7pm
- Friday, June 21: 12pm -7pm
- Saturday, June 22: 8am-7pm
Stay Tuned for July and August Dates!
For more information please contact the Town Hall at 437-6532 ext 221
What can and cannot be dropped off?
- View the full list of acceptable and unacceptable items here.
Household garbage pick-up takes place every week, Tuesday to Friday. Recycling pick up takes place every second week, Tuesday to Friday. For more information, see the schedule and Garbage Regulations.
If you require additional information concerning the Town of Torbay’s Waste Management Program, please contact the Town at 437-6532.
- Appointment Based Starting on May 28th and ending on June 27th
- The Public Works Department will take appointments for bulk garbage pick-up for those with limited means. This will run for a period of 5 weeks.
- Appointments must be made on the Tuesday of each week. Pick up will occur on the Thursday of each week.
- One pick up per household.
- A $25.00 fee will apply and must be paid in advance.
- Residents will be required to bring the bulk garbage to the end of their driveway and have items clearly separated (metals, garbage and grass clippings/leaves).
Please call the Town Hall at 437-6532, extension 221 to make your appointment.
Torbay 30 Minute Cleanup Day
Help Torbay and your neighbourhood stay beautiful on Saturday, May 25, 2019. Get out and pick up litter around your neighbourhood between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Get your Supplies
Drop by the Town Hall and pick up your supplies (gloves, garbage bags and tags) starting on Tuesday, May 14th between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
Once you have filled a bag, simply leave it on the side of the road and Town staff will have it picked up on May 25th.
Help celebrate beautiful Torbay by doing your part to keep it clean.
The Town of Torbay, in partnership with the Towns of Flatrock, Pouch Cove, Logy Bay-Middle Cove-Outer Cove and Bauline has ordered compost bins from the Multi-Materials Stewardship Board. This year, the Town will be offering two options: bins and tumblers. The Town will provide a further update when the bins and tumblers are available for purchase.
Ask at the front reception for details or call 437-6532.
The Town of Torbay is actively involved in Clean-up Programs and promotion of Property Beautification. Residents are recognized for their contribution to property improvement and the Town promotes a clean environment for all residents.