COVID-19 UPDATE: Alert Level 4
The Town of Torbay is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19. We are engaging with leading health authorities and consulting with all levels of governments. The Town will continue to operate under Level 4, focusing on providing essential services to residents while protecting the health and safety of everyone. For COVID-19 Information and guidelines please visit our Provincial Government website at www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19
- Follow Public Health Guidance for All Alert Levels.
- Stay at home as much as possible, except to get essentials like groceries and medications.
- Work from home, where possible.
- Your household bubble can interact with up to 10 close, consistent contacts from outside your household (Tight 10).
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, use the online COVID-19 Assessment and Referral tool or call 811.
- Wear a non-medical mask when you are in public indoor settings. This includes when you are seated.
For updates visit, torbay.ca/covid-19
CLOSURES & CANCELLATIONS
Town Hall is closed to the public. All staff continues to work from the building; however, public access is restricted to limit close contacts. To ensure business continuity, staff are available to answer all public inquiries via telephone or email. Staff contact information is available on the Town’s website. Those wishing to drop items at the Town Office should call the Town Office to arrange a mutually agreeable drop-off time. No items should be delivered to the Town Hall without prior arrangements.
Torbay Common Community Centre is closed to the public. All Town programming and events have been suspended until further notice. Check out the Virtual Program Schedule.
The Fire Department is closed to the public, emergency response services are not impacted. In the case of an emergency, please call 911. For general inquiries, please call (709) 437-6542.
We’re still here for you. Contact Town of Torbay:
- Torbay Town Hall and Torbay Common Community Centre are closed to the public.
- The main phone line is (709) 437-6532, email firstname.lastname@example.org is monitored. For staff contact information, please visit torbay.ca/resident/contact-us
- The Town of Torbay will maintain essential services, including water testing, snow/ice control, municipal enforcement, and garbage and recycling collection.
- The Town answering service is available 24/7 by calling (709) 437-6532.
- All recreational programming is suspended. Check out the Virtual Programming Schedule.
- Trails and the Municipal Dog Park located at Upper Three Corner Pond Park is open. Please ensure to follow Provincial Government COVID-19 guidelines.
Taxes paid through pre-authorized debit are charged through monthly equal payments.
A void cheque and preauthorized debit agreement form are required. No interest is charged if you use this payment method. If you had preauthorized debit in 2021 the debit amount will be adjusted for 2022, unless you cancel, which must be done in writing.
Using post-dated cheques enables equal payments to cover the entire balance of the account. No interest will be charged if the cheques cover the full amount equally distributed throughout the year are received by the Town by March 31, 2022. If you have more than one property, please indicate or issue a separate set of cheques for each property.
Payments are accepted through online banking by adding the Town of Torbay as a payee on your personal banking website and quoting the account number which is found on the front of the municipal tax bill (Ex: ABCDE001).
Please note: this is not an interest free form of payment.
GARBAGE AND RECYCLING
Garbage and recycling collection will remain the same as per the 2022 Waste Collection Schedule.
A few reminders:
- Place your garbage at the curb by 7 am on your scheduled collection day.
- Garbage must be covered by a garbage net or sheet or placed in a garbage box/receptacle.
- Limit of 5 bags of garbage per week.
Find everything you need to know about waste collection in the Town of Torbay here: torbay.ca/resident/waste
PUBLIC COUNCIL MEETINGS
Residents are advised that Council meetings are closed to the public. Regular Torbay Public Council meetings are held every second Monday night in the Council Chambers at 6:30 p.m., at the Town Hall, and are live streamed via our CivicWeb Portal and YouTube channel.
To participate in the Question & Answer sessions, residents and the general public can email questions to email@example.com before or during the scheduled meeting.
ACCESS TO SERVICES & SUPPORT
MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORTS
Feelings of uncertainty and anxiety are normal during this stressful time.
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES:
Bridge the gapp
CHANNAL Warm Line
MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS LINES:
Mental Health Crisis Line
Crisis Text Line
Text ‘TALK’ to 686868
FRONTLINE CRISIS TEXT LINE
Text ‘FRONTLINE’ to 741741
Kids Help Phone
Many people are experiencing unexpected hardships at this time. There are resources available to help.
NORTH EAST AVALON FOOD BANK
CANADA ECONOMIC RESPONSE PLAN